she shoots...

AND SHE SCORES!!!!


While the jersey's they had for us to wear did nothing to flatter my (still coming back from having a baby) figure; the game itself was actually FUN! AND I made the very first basket!

The night started out a bit slow- for a moment I thought I might be off the hook for one more week! Still winter break- and many people still out of town made the attendance low. But slowly, enough ladies arrived for a little game of three on three. I was easily the least experienced in the group, but everyone was so nice and helpful- not to mention encouraging, and I was able to (kind of) keep up!

From time to time when I would get the ball I'd get a bit overwhelmed trying to keep track of dribbling, running, locations of other players and the hoop- at those moments I would just find someone to pass the ball to as fast as I could (even if I was in the perfect spot to shoot the ball heh heh). I also lost track of the girl I was guarding quite a bit- oops - and before I knew it she was shooting the ball and making a basket!

Aside from those minor set backs, it was a very good time, and I learned quite a bit. The girls were great to play with, and I think I feel ok about going back for another game. I may even be ok with playing full court with full teams.

Three cheers for trying something that terrified me, and even contributing a couple baskets to our team!

side note: "the girl I was guarding" aka: Janalee is a good friend of mine from our ward. I was absolutely thrilled when she agreed to come play- (it was a relief for me to have someone familiar there) and she was kind enough to teach me a great deal about the game while we waited for ladies to show up!

Comments

Lindy Lewis said…
Awesome!!!! nothin like making the first! good luck next week and you will be totally fine! :)
So proud of you! Sounds like you had a good time in spite of your fears - what a great example you are to me!
Janalee said…
I love how you called me the girl you were guarding! hahaha!
Annie Jane said…
Way to go, Kiersten! some callings we get just seem so out of our realm of possibilities! But then look at you! My dreaded calling is activities chair! Very cute.

Popular Posts