piece of fire?

even though I spend pretty much every day, all day with my children, I have been known to not understand my little Lulu's language from time to time. E-man is a great translator anytime I'm not getting it, even Matt has gotten it before I have a time or two. And if they are not around, my sweet girl has learned to dumb it down a little for her mother who is trying so hard to understand!
The other day lulu came to me, very concerned about her baby, here's about how it went:
lulu: "mom, my baby needs a piece of fire" (or at least that's what I heard)
me: "a piece of fire?"
lulu: "no, a piece of fire."
me: "a piece of what?"
lulu: "a piece of fire!"
me: "sweetheart, I'm not sure what you're asking for."
lulu: a brief look of concentration, and then with a very satisfied smile, "a binky!"
me: (finally getting it) "ah ha! a pacifier!"
Maybe someday I'll understand her dialect!


Comments