learning
I really enjoy learning. I'm not an avid reader, I find it hard to take the time to really get into books- as I know I will likely be interrupted a number of times. But, I do like to try new things and learn from those.
I just recently tried making my own yogurt. I got the recipe from this awesome lady, Sheena, who is not only full of fantastic cooking ideas, but is an amazing photographer to boot -( and I mean AMAZING! )
The yogurt making process was surprisingly simple, and oh so good. And not only did I make yogurt, but I made Greek yogurt- awesome? Yes!
I learned from that how to make something great, and at a much lesser cost than the stuff I've been buying! (money saving tips are a must these days)Some other things that have been on my mind as of late that I've been learning about through experience are exercise, health and our incredible bodies! (the yogurt making was actually part of that as well)
This year I set a goal to complete a triathlon, which I did, and I felt incredible about! After completing the race I felt such a drive to continue with my training and find another race to participate in next year because I had experienced not only the accomplishment of completion, but a change of heart.
For years my intention behind exercise was weight loss. This time around started out no differently- as I had just had a baby and was determined to reach my pre-pregnancy weight by such and such a date. But as I trained, and pushed myself to run more than I ever had before, and set goals and met them, I began to develop an actual love for the exercise itself. I began to feel the benefits of strength and training. My goals began to evolve to being less about the number on the scale, and more about what my body could accomplish- and with that came a greater appreciation and respect for my body. This all resulted in what I'd like to think of as a much healthier attitude as I have shifted more toward working out for the sake of health, rather than feeling badly if the number on the scale didn't show what I had set out for it to show.
I am now working to train for not only another triathlon next year, but also (and I almost can't believe I am saying this) a 1/2 marathon. It has been so fun and rewarding to work toward these goals- I encourage anyone out there to do it!! I also found a fun blog that is doing it's second exercise/healthy living challenge if anyone is interested. Cat has inspirational stories from her own experience and others.


Comments