four years wise

this girl is something else!
she is funny, fun, loving, helpful, and oh so dramatic.
she adores her brothers and her parents.
she loves babies, princesses, dance, art, running and wrestling.
she wants to be loved by everyone, but on her own terms.
and she has always seemed to be wise beyond her years.
today she turned 4
for her birthday interview she told us her favorite color is red
favorite food macaroni and cheese
she loves her pillow pet and playing the "family game"
she has lots of friends who love her, and she loves playing with them
she loves treats
her favorite primary song is "I Love to see the Temple"
as a four year old, lulu hopes to learn how to somersault, and climb a tree
she is a little disappointed to learn that things seem pretty much the same as they did when she was three... and maybe not even as good...
today as we were on a bike walk, lulu became extremely upset when she was unable to keep up with her big brother zman. So upset that she began to cry. And as she cried, the world crumbled around her as she realized that turning four was not quite what she had expected. She still could not keep up with her brother, and furthermore the thought of climbing a tree was even more scary than it had been when she was three. "I just want to be three again! When I was three I wasn't scared to climb to the tippy top of a tree, but now that I am four I am too scared. I wish that I was three, when I was three, I didn't know the things that I know now that I am four."
Oh, how true it is.
happy birthday my dear, wise lu.
she is funny, fun, loving, helpful, and oh so dramatic.
she adores her brothers and her parents.
she loves babies, princesses, dance, art, running and wrestling.
she wants to be loved by everyone, but on her own terms.
and she has always seemed to be wise beyond her years.
today she turned 4
for her birthday interview she told us her favorite color is red
favorite food macaroni and cheese
she loves her pillow pet and playing the "family game"
she has lots of friends who love her, and she loves playing with them
she loves treats
her favorite primary song is "I Love to see the Temple"
as a four year old, lulu hopes to learn how to somersault, and climb a tree
she is a little disappointed to learn that things seem pretty much the same as they did when she was three... and maybe not even as good...
today as we were on a bike walk, lulu became extremely upset when she was unable to keep up with her big brother zman. So upset that she began to cry. And as she cried, the world crumbled around her as she realized that turning four was not quite what she had expected. She still could not keep up with her brother, and furthermore the thought of climbing a tree was even more scary than it had been when she was three. "I just want to be three again! When I was three I wasn't scared to climb to the tippy top of a tree, but now that I am four I am too scared. I wish that I was three, when I was three, I didn't know the things that I know now that I am four."
Oh, how true it is.
happy birthday my dear, wise lu.


Comments