and I thought I was teasing them



We were reading Book of Mormon Stories the other day when we read about King Laman who wanted to make Zeniff and some Nephites his slaves.
This stood out to my kids as we (Matt and I) regularly tease them about how they are our slaves (only something truly great parents would do right?)
They both began telling me about how hard and sad it is to be slaves, and that even the scriptures were saying that it's not a good thing.
I very quickly began explaining just how great their lives are, and that they are definitely not slaves- after all, they don't have to clean, cook, do laundry, and work all day long while I sit and watch... they get to play, they have toys, clothes and other things they don't have to work for...
And then a light turned on in each of their eyes as they simultaneously came to the same conclusion and exclaimed
"Mom, you are OUR slave!"

Comments

Hanna said…
That's so funny...and so true!

Your kids are getting so big! Hope all is well!
Hayley said…
i love this and seriously can't wait to see you guys.
Scooby and Jon said…
Awesome. Just awesome.
Janalee said…
now I know what you were talking about,that is funny!
April Paul said…
I love it. Kids say the darndest things. It sure is true though...
April Paul

Popular Posts