how are we going to do this?
Tonight I went into the kids room to lay down with Lulu, where I found Eman crying into his dad's shoulder.
Matt explained that he had mentioned that when we move we will have to find new owners for our (very excited) dog, Three.
I (not being much of a dog person myself, and having a hard time being patient with our almost too easily excitable dog) have been a bit relieved at that idea, and didn't think of how it might effect our kids. Matt was able to have a good talk with him though, and by the end of their conversation Eman agreed that it would be ok, Three would be ok, we would be ok, it would be best to find Three a good place to run.
But then I began thinking about the whole move and all the details therein that our kids aren't quite aware of- things like the fact that we will not be so near to their grandparents, cousins, friends, and not to mention that we will not be in our house. And now, thinking about all of this, it breaks my heart.
I actually try not to think about it too often, but I am realizing more and more that although this will be a great opportunity for our family, it is a sacrifice. One that is actually not as easy as I thought it would be. I have always thought of myself as independent- not needing much from others, and being ok out on my own. But being near family for two years has taught me a little something different. And it kind of breaks my heart, just as the thought of leaving Three broke my little man's heart tonight. So, I just keep praying, taking in deep breaths and coming (again and again) to the realization that it will be ok, our friends and family will be ok, we will be ok. And to tell the truth, with the way things are shaping up these days (with the economy etc) it is probably best for us to move on to this next step in life, or find a good place to run.
Yeah, I think we're going to be ok.

Matt explained that he had mentioned that when we move we will have to find new owners for our (very excited) dog, Three.
I (not being much of a dog person myself, and having a hard time being patient with our almost too easily excitable dog) have been a bit relieved at that idea, and didn't think of how it might effect our kids. Matt was able to have a good talk with him though, and by the end of their conversation Eman agreed that it would be ok, Three would be ok, we would be ok, it would be best to find Three a good place to run.
But then I began thinking about the whole move and all the details therein that our kids aren't quite aware of- things like the fact that we will not be so near to their grandparents, cousins, friends, and not to mention that we will not be in our house. And now, thinking about all of this, it breaks my heart.
I actually try not to think about it too often, but I am realizing more and more that although this will be a great opportunity for our family, it is a sacrifice. One that is actually not as easy as I thought it would be. I have always thought of myself as independent- not needing much from others, and being ok out on my own. But being near family for two years has taught me a little something different. And it kind of breaks my heart, just as the thought of leaving Three broke my little man's heart tonight. So, I just keep praying, taking in deep breaths and coming (again and again) to the realization that it will be ok, our friends and family will be ok, we will be ok. And to tell the truth, with the way things are shaping up these days (with the economy etc) it is probably best for us to move on to this next step in life, or find a good place to run.
Yeah, I think we're going to be ok.



Comments