a good day

We started off a bit rocky today as my Lu is not fond of cleaning her room
and it needed to be done.

We argued a bit over it,
and after some persuasion on my part
she finally agreed to do the job.

A bit later,
as I passed her room
I saw this:




a darling little miss and her cheetah friend
all set up for tea.

it warmed my heart.

it's true- as I've mentioned before
Lu and I don't always see eye to eye.
And she has quite a little dramatic flair
and can get extremely set in her ideas-
all good things that will suit
her well as she learns to work
with such characteristics:)


she also has (and I forget this too often)
a very tender and dear side to her.

I was so grateful for this little reminder of her
wonderful imagination
and sweetness.
it made me stop and think about all my little lovies.

The three we have- each growing so fast every day,
and the one that will soon be joining us!

We are expecting baby Lewis 4 in August this year:)

I couldn't help but feel so blessed
and so grateful for the lovely family I have.

We ended our day with a family kite making project.
I felt so content with everyone gathered, working together.
Matt taking the lead and directing us in the process,
Z and Lu doing their best to follow the directions
Gibbs swinging the sticks around and nearly poking people in the eye a few times.

The process took a little longer than we had anticipated,
but they all hung in there
and were all so excited to decorate their kites.

Now they are all tucked in bed
and I am still just swelling inside thinking about
all that they are
all that they will become
and the great privilege Matt and I have
to be a part of it all
and experience all of it together.

yes, I would say it's been a good day.

Comments

Scooby and Jon said…
Congrats on number four coming your way! That's exciting!
Chelsea said…
I love good days!

And congratulations on number 4! What a fun house you already have and it's just going to get better!
The NV Mingays said…
Congrats on the new little one joining your family. :)
Tracy said…
Congratulations on baby #4!! This child is coming to a wonderful family.
Your kids are so cute! Congrats on baby number 4! So exciting!
Amy Bowen said…
I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you were pregnant again!!! You are! :D I am so happy for you and your family. You are one of the best moms I know, and this baby is so blessed to have such good parents. I hope all is going well with you!!

Popular Posts