slowing down
Our lives have been chaos for a little while.
I kind of thrive on chaos- I've decided.
But recently I decided to try not to live such a busy life, slow things down
and try more quality and less quantity.


I must admit, I have really enjoyed it.
I have had a few moments of panic when I realized that I don't have a bazillion things I need to get done :) (seriously)
but then the reality that I can relax and enjoy a good book with my kids, or play or work on projects with them sets in and I am filled with such calm!
Reading has become one of my favorite things.
I have never been much of a reader- it takes a lot for me to get settled and into reading mode, and then to focus for a stretch of time is challenging as well- challenging for me as it is, and then add three kids to the picture- nearly impossible:)
So I have included my kids in my reading- read aloud- one of the greatest things! Who knew that if you got a book out and began reading it out loud, everyone around you stops to listen- it's true! I've found that the chaotic moments dissolve (most of the time) when I begin to read aloud.
Recently, inspired by these beautiful and uplifting words from our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, I decided to pick up a copy of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol that my parents gave us, and read it to my kids.
They have been completely enthralled by it. I am impressed! As I've mentioned before, the language is a bit challenging for me at times, so I imagine they are lost at times as well, but each night they look forward to that reading time.
A Christmas tradition we have is to get a new Christmas book each year. So, at this time I am looking for the book to add to our collection. What is your favorite book for this season? I'd love some ideas on what to get:)
Happy reading!


Comments