the count down

It's coming! Christmas is getting closer every day- and we are pretty excited around here!
We've begun our count down with a few different advent calendars...

we've enjoyed cozy Christmas story reading-
and have even ventured into Dickens' A Christmas Carol
I must admit, I was afraid my kids would grow tired of hearing it as the language is a bit formal and descriptive, and I thought they might get lost with it- but they are loving it- and I am loving it!

Our stockings are hung... no chimney available to hang them by, so a small clothes line has had to suffice:)

a few friendly snowmen have stopped to pay a visit

we got a real tree this year!!
snowflakes are hanging
and silver bells are ringing


and a darling little nativity, helping to remind us of the reason for this delightful Christmas season- the birth and life of our loving Savior, Jesus Christ.
If you haven't checked this out- and could use some inspirational thoughts, please do! It does not disappoint!


Comments