it's been a little while...


I have been terrible about posting for a while now- and not for lack of things going on- quite the opposite.

In October I finished up my job, we found out we could move into a 4-bedroom house, we found out we could move immediately, Lu turned 5 and we celebrated in a fancy way, and we celebrated Halloween. Then a week later, in November, Z turned 7 and had a kikkin karate party, we packed up our student apartment and moved into the house! And it was all within just a couple of weeks!

Needless to say, it's taken me a while to recover- and I am still unpacking... and probably will be for another month. The process is slow, but we are loving the space!

I've neglected taking pictures of my family, because I have been taking pictures of other people:) Looking back through my photos, I have thousands taken in the past month- bridals, newborns, a couple of families, a wedding and Nutcracker dancers! I've really enjoyed all the great opportunities to photograph friends- and all that I've learned with it! I've been having a lot of fun, but am going to try to pull out my camera for more family moments this holiday season!

Here is a bit of what I missed sharing:

Lu had a Fancy Nancy Princess party- the guests all came dressed in their finest, and we enjoyed fingernail painting, jewelry making, and some other fancy games!

We decorated our flatware with rhinestones and I made fancy purses for the party favors.

We had fancy pom pom decor

and a crown for the birthday girl!
It turned out wonderfully- and we all enjoyed a super fancy day!
Best of all, Lu was so very happy and had a wonderful day!



For Halloween we had two Luigi's. I made Gibb's his costume since I couldn't find Luigi in a mini size. He wore his hat for weeks afterward. He does make an adorable Luigi!


Then our Z man had a karate party!
Matt has a classmate who is also a Karate Instructor! She was so kind, and came to teach a little lesson to our party guests.

They learned basic stances, the rules of Karate, some basic punches, kicks

and even some jumps!

The guests made their own headbands, and earned a white belt at the conclusion of the class!
It was so very fun!!

Since all of that we've had a wonderful Thanksgiving and our Christmas Dance Recital! Now we are looking forward to the conclusion of the semester and some time off, family visits, and the holidays!


Comments

Hayley said…
glad to hear from you :)

happy birthday kiddos!

Popular Posts