hot potato


About a month ago Ez's school did a fund raiser where they sold bags of potatoes from Idaho. I had heard great things about potatoes straight from Idaho, so I decided to do my part to contribute and buy 2 bags of potatoes. One bag of russet, and one bag of red.

I didn't quite realize that I was purchasing two enormous bags of endless amounts of potatoes! And since, I have done my best to include them in the majority of our meals.

But I am running out of ideas, and I fear we are growing tired of potatoes- and we haven't even made it through half a bag:)

The other night I tried twice baked potatoes, and while they were tasty, I don't know if our diet should very regularly include so much butter, cream and cheese!

If anyone has some great potato recipe's they'd like to share- please do so! I am open to any and all ways of preparing and enjoying our potatoes.

Comments

Hayley said…
soup, soup, and more soup! :)
the crew said…
That is my plan at this point- I love it!
Anonymous said…
Here is a great potato recipe. The kids are guaranteed to LOVE it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykF3TUTI2hU
Marie said…
Well here a delicious breakfast casserole from Paula Deen that is really easy : http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/brunch-stuffed-peppers-recipe/index.html. I used red peppers not yellow, and she says in the video that you can use the insides of a baked potato instead of hash browns. We also like what my mom called snow capped hot dogs. It's hot dogs, sliced in half lengthwise, topped with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese. They are easy and tasty even if they aren't elegant.

Popular Posts