my Grandpa

This week my Grandpa passed from this life into the next.
As I've thought about him, his life, and memories I have with him, I've been filled with gratitude for the life he lived, the man he is, and the love for life he shared with me.
I remember spending time outdoors at his house and riding his horse when I was younger. We spent family reunions camping in the mountains summer after summer. His love for the outdoors and enthusiasm for the beauty of the earth are things I will always hold close to my heart.
He and my Grandma would travel 13 or so hours to see us perform a couple of times a year- they were happy to encourage us, and excited to support us in our endeavors.
While it is sad to see someone I love leave this life, and we face separation for a time, his death brings a great peace and sweetness to my soul as the knowledge and beauty of our Heavenly Father's plan sinks deeper into my heart. I know he is with my sweet Grandma, their son who died when I was much younger, my brother who died only a few years ago, and countless other friends and family. I know I too will see him again.
As I've thought about him, his life, and memories I have with him, I've been filled with gratitude for the life he lived, the man he is, and the love for life he shared with me.
I remember spending time outdoors at his house and riding his horse when I was younger. We spent family reunions camping in the mountains summer after summer. His love for the outdoors and enthusiasm for the beauty of the earth are things I will always hold close to my heart.
He and my Grandma would travel 13 or so hours to see us perform a couple of times a year- they were happy to encourage us, and excited to support us in our endeavors.
While it is sad to see someone I love leave this life, and we face separation for a time, his death brings a great peace and sweetness to my soul as the knowledge and beauty of our Heavenly Father's plan sinks deeper into my heart. I know he is with my sweet Grandma, their son who died when I was much younger, my brother who died only a few years ago, and countless other friends and family. I know I too will see him again.
Comments
i remember him and his happy face at the performances and at church. he shared such a bright personality and love!