Allergies?!
A few weeks ago I developed a massive toothache. I don't like to take medication while I am pregnant, so I just dealt with it for a few days. Then the pain got so unbearable that I took just enough tylenol to take the edge off, and did so for about a week. When things were not improving- just getting worse- I finally decided to go to the dentist- fearing the worst.
It wasn't a toothache, and there was nothing the dentist could do.
It was a sinus infection.
I have had pretty bad allergies this year, and because of that my sinuses were swollen and irritating the roots of my teeth. Nasty.
I was told to take some sudafed. It helped a little, but wasn't really doing the trick.
My mom, who has always been fond of alternative ideas in health care and treatment and is a big believer in the healing powers of garlic, gave me a head of garlic and instructed me to eat a clove or two or three a day. And so I did.
It burned, my eyes watered, I wanted to cry each and every time I did it, but I took the garlic diligently, and smelled (as Matt put it) like a fine Italian dish. I can tell you today that after a week of that agonizing treatment, I have been healed! And now I keep craving pasta!
Then, this morning we woke up to find this:

Our E-man is allergic to mosquito's, and he puffs way up whenever bitten. The rotten little bug bit him right on the eyelid. (here he is focusing his good eye intently on the video game his dad set up for him to ease the discomfort of his puffy eye)
Anyone have any great ideas on how to aid this poor little eyelid in a quick recovery?
I tell you- I am ready to be done with allergies!
It wasn't a toothache, and there was nothing the dentist could do.
It was a sinus infection.
I have had pretty bad allergies this year, and because of that my sinuses were swollen and irritating the roots of my teeth. Nasty.
I was told to take some sudafed. It helped a little, but wasn't really doing the trick.
My mom, who has always been fond of alternative ideas in health care and treatment and is a big believer in the healing powers of garlic, gave me a head of garlic and instructed me to eat a clove or two or three a day. And so I did.
It burned, my eyes watered, I wanted to cry each and every time I did it, but I took the garlic diligently, and smelled (as Matt put it) like a fine Italian dish. I can tell you today that after a week of that agonizing treatment, I have been healed! And now I keep craving pasta!
Then, this morning we woke up to find this:

Our E-man is allergic to mosquito's, and he puffs way up whenever bitten. The rotten little bug bit him right on the eyelid. (here he is focusing his good eye intently on the video game his dad set up for him to ease the discomfort of his puffy eye)
Anyone have any great ideas on how to aid this poor little eyelid in a quick recovery?
I tell you- I am ready to be done with allergies!



Comments
Poor little guy too - hope his eye swelling goes down quickly for him! How are you feeling, btw?! :)