A day we won't soon forget.

I've been thinking a great deal about my brother Jeremiah, or Jay as most everyone would know him by, who died a year ago today, and since everyone has gone to bed already, I don't have anyone to talk to about him. So I thought I would write a few words in memory of our sweet Jay. It's been interesting approaching the one year anniversary, realizing that we have lived and continued on for one whole year without Jay on this earth with us. And it is amazing to me to realize that we have not only survived, but we have all been able to feel peace and even joy. We all miss him tremendously- Jay was one of a kind. He was one of the most intense, loving, and sincere people I have ever known. He did everything completely. Jay worked hard, he played hard, and he loved the gospel so incredibly sincerely and deeply. He was and always will be an example to me. I know that he is fulfilling his mission still. I know that we are eternally connected to him, and that we can and will be with him again. I have never before felt the reality of the gospel as greatly as I have through the experience of losing my brother. I am eternally grateful to my Savior for the opportunity He has provided me to be with all of my family forever.

Comments

Popular Posts