Slowing Down

 So far my plan to slow down this year has worked out well.  We had a good slow start to our new semester, school started, a few activities started… next week though, dance starts up again, so we'll see how well our "slower" paced schedule works out for us.

It's such a love/hate thing, having things you want to develop and be good at.  I spent nearly every day but Sunday at The Studio developing my dancing when I was growing up, so I understand what time and effort it takes to get pretty good at something, and I want my kids to have that same opportunity to work hard, try and try until they get better and better at something.  But I (the selfish part of me) struggle with having my kids away from home much.  I want them to be near me, and me near to them, so with them getting older each year I am feeling that tug and pull more and more, trying to encourage and help them out, but still keep them close.  I guess that's just life.

As for this week, I've loved listening and spending time with these incredible people.

This darling girl had a plan to make surprise cookies for everyone.  When we didn't have all the ingredients first thing, she patiently waited a day for me to get what was needed, then went to work.  Once the recipe was completed we realized that the dough needed to refrigerate over night.  So she patiently waited another day for the dough to be ready.  She then made one batch, but had to go with me to rehearsal, and in the moments of us preparing to leave, we forgot the sugar on top as the finishing touch, so that batch wasn't completed quite right, and we returned late so the remaining dough had to wait another day.  Finally, Friday she came home and set right to work, rolling, cutting and sprinkling the (not so surprise anymore) cookies, preparing them to be baked.  She put them in the oven, and voila!  Masterpiece surprise (or not) cookies!!  I absolutely love the giant heart this sweet girl possesses.






Comments

kelsey said…
She's such a sweet girl, love her!

Popular Posts