Christmas

We've been talking a great deal about the true meaning of Christmas in our house- about the birth and life of Jesus Christ, and what that means to us. Our ward did a nativity slide show of sorts all about the birth, life, and death of our Savior- and we were able to take part in that. My kids dressed up with some of the other primary children, and I took the pictures. I thought I'd share a slightly abbreviated version; please enjoy!

From the beginning of time , the Lord has called prophets to testify of His son, Jesus Christ.

Isaiah, a Prophet of the Bible, wrote of the miraculous birth of Christ.
"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Z makes a cute Isaiah)
A short time before Christ was born, an angel came to Mary, and said unto her, "fear not Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus." (we had two angels)
The prophet Samuel told the people in America of the imminent coming of the savior. He prophesied "and behold, then cometh the Son of God to redeem all those who shall believe on his name. And behold, this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness...And behold, there shall a new star arise..."

Then the time came that was prophesied of, and there were some who began to say that the time was past for the words to be fulfilled, And so the prophet Nephi cried mightily unto the Lord all day; and behold, the voice of the Lord came unto him saying: Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.
And she brought forth her firstborn son and laid him in a manger because there was no room for them in the inn.
And it came to pass also that a new star did appear according to the word.
Behold, there came wise men from the East to Jerusalem saying, "Where is he that is born King of the Jews for we have seen his star in the East and are come to worship him."

And the child grew and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. For behold, the time cometh that the Lord Omnipotent shall go forth amongst men working mighty miracles.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That may have been a bit long- but I thought I would share it as it was a fun experience for us to take part in, and talk about what this wonderful holiday season is all about; our Savior. I know He lives. I am grateful for the Savior in my life, and the incredible miracles He has provided myself and my family with the gospel in our lives, and the chance we have to be together forever. I love the Lord and the message of Love his gospel teaches me that I strive to live by. And I am so grateful for the incredible LOVE felt this time of year! I hope you all have such a beautiful Christmas season filled with Love, Peace and Joy!

Comments

Janalee said…
I loved that post! such cute pics and I loved how they fit so perfectly! what an awesome post! and I agree this is the best time of year!
Marci said…
Thanks for sharing that. I am going to read it to my kids tomorrow. Love you!

Popular Posts