home
I've called many places home over the years. There is of course my own parents home... and then a few different homes when I was single in college... and I have counted eight different homes in the seven years of marriage that Matt and I have shared. But this home we're in now... it's my home.
Actually mine.
Matt and I (not to mention help from a number of fine and giving souls, our parents, and some siblings and others) have worked, and worked, and worked to make this home. And I love it.
Our addition is done. And it is beautiful. We moved our bed into the bedroom one night before I went into labor with our fine Mr. Gibbs.
And now, we are preparing to move it right back out again.
A dear friend told me she thought I was brave for going forward with our move...yesterday Matt told me that we could make things work here without him finishing school, and so we are essentially choosing this path- nobody and nothing is making us go this route- we are choosing it... and so, yes I agree with my friend, I am brave, and terrified, but more importantly- brave.
These are a few of the beautiful new things I am preparing to leave behind:



There are the lovely french doors that lead out to our backyard, and a beautiful tree that is directly outside to greet us.
Matching pedestal sinks- quite lovely I think.
This is the shower head Matt built to come straight from the ceiling- a tall person's dream come true as Matt (and probably most other tall people) has taken a good many showers with the water hitting him in the throat.
It's been quite the job, but things have turned out beautifully. If I could I would hitch it to my minivan, and take this baby with us, because this is my home.
Actually mine.
Matt and I (not to mention help from a number of fine and giving souls, our parents, and some siblings and others) have worked, and worked, and worked to make this home. And I love it.
Our addition is done. And it is beautiful. We moved our bed into the bedroom one night before I went into labor with our fine Mr. Gibbs.
And now, we are preparing to move it right back out again.
A dear friend told me she thought I was brave for going forward with our move...yesterday Matt told me that we could make things work here without him finishing school, and so we are essentially choosing this path- nobody and nothing is making us go this route- we are choosing it... and so, yes I agree with my friend, I am brave, and terrified, but more importantly- brave.
These are a few of the beautiful new things I am preparing to leave behind:



There are the lovely french doors that lead out to our backyard, and a beautiful tree that is directly outside to greet us.Matching pedestal sinks- quite lovely I think.
This is the shower head Matt built to come straight from the ceiling- a tall person's dream come true as Matt (and probably most other tall people) has taken a good many showers with the water hitting him in the throat.
It's been quite the job, but things have turned out beautifully. If I could I would hitch it to my minivan, and take this baby with us, because this is my home.


Comments