It happens so fast!

My kids seem really big and grown up to me lately- I don't know how it happened , but I know it has happened too fast! I know, I know, pretty cliche to talk about how fast kids grow up, but the fact of the matter is that it's the truth! I've thought a lot about the reality of my kids growing up fast, and have felt so grateful that I've been able to witness so much of their growth! I truly enjoy the moments of discovery and fun we share every day. I just want to record a little more of it to look back on over the years- so here are just a couple of recent occurrences in our house!Ezra recently had a bed wetting spell that lasted three days, and on the third day I said we'd have to start using pull ups if things didn't improve. Well, on the fourth morning Ezra called out to me excitedly, "mom! Guess what?" "What Ezra?" I answered. "I didn't pee the bed!" "That's awesome! Do you have to go now?" I replied. And Ezra answered to me, "yeah, cause I stopped it before I woke up!" I couldn't help but laugh a little- and feel impressed with his increased awareness of his body.
And then my Eliza- this little pixie of a girl. It's fun to have this little person who has remained pretty little- Ezra was a tank by the time he was four months old, but Eliza has just remained this petite little thing- and so it surprises me when she communicates and interacts with us like a little girl instead of just being my little baby! The other day I was in the kitchen when she walked in and called out "mama, wawa pease!" So I replied, "do you want some water?" "Yes." She answered, so I said "is this cup ok?" "Yes" she answered, so I filled it with water handed it to her, watched her drink her water. And as I watched her drink I thought to myself, "so when did she ever get old enough to come in, express her needs, pick her preferences, and continue on her way?"
And that's right about when it hit me that it's happened fast, and it's going to continue to happen fast, so I'd better just soak it in! Get all I can of them, teach all I can to them, and learn all I can from them- because this time doesn't last forever.


Comments
And that picture is too cute! They look like best friends.
I love these latest pics! Cool coloring. So glad you sent me your blog address. (And now I'm catching up on all the pics of my Fallon fam-- thanks to you having them all on your's...)
Hope all is good!!
Trillis