Eliza Jay

I can not believe it, but my baby girl is eighteen months old! So I thought I would share a little about our Eliza Jay! Eliza is very helpful- she enjoys helping me clean and put things away. She will bring all the piles of folded laundry to me while I am putting other piles away- so before I know it I have piles of towels, dishcloths etc on my bed while I am putting away my own and Matt's clothes! Eliza is also picking up new words each day, and coming up with some of her own. She loves to play with Ezra and will get rough and dirty with him, and then turn right around and play ever so gently with her baby dolls that she calls 'dada'. In fact she calls all babies 'dada', even herself. Ezra recently began exclaiming 'Yeah baby!' when he is excited about something, and Eliza now joins him saying 'Yeah dada!'

Eliza is also an avid thumb sucker- she loves that thumb. And she is a little tease- she gets a real kick out of Ezra's dramatic reactions to her poking and prodding! She has a sly grin she gives while doing something she has been asked not to do. I don't know quite how we'll deal with it when she gets older, but right now we kind of get a kick out of it!
Eliza loves bare feet- she loves trying on everyone else's shoes, but as for hers- they come off as quick as they can! She also takes clips and hair ties out as soon as she discovers they are in- so for the past few months she has constantly had her hair in her eyes. Sunday Matt mistook my commenting on her hair in her eyes as a request that he remedy the situation, so while I was away tending to some church responsibilities, Matt asked his mom to cut Eliza some bangs! He assured her that it was my desire as well, so when I returned Eliza had bangs and had had her first haircut! I was a little surprised, but I think she is quite adorable!

So that is a little about our Eliza Jay bird, she is a great deal of fun, and we are so incredibly grateful to have her in our family!

Comments

eric and monica said…
eliza is a doll! nora turned 18 months old on 4/16 and she is so fun and sounds just like sweet eliza! even the hair in the face! LOL! i'm sure you two will be attached at the hip this summer- it
s fun being a girl.
Annie Jane said…
Eliza is a sweet little thing, that is clear. Hey I came home from your house and looked up a lot of info on danny's bug he has had and according to my research, we were not contagious. I am so sorry if I worried you! I was so excited about our day I didn't even think about it and then felt horribly guilty all the way home. Keep my posted, nonetheless!

Popular Posts