Never in a Million Years!
So, this week we had an experience I never really thought would ever happen to us, and it has once again made me realize that anything can happen to any one of us at any given time! Wednesday morning I got a call from Matt, and he told me that he needed to meet me at the emergency room in Reno because he had just cut his thumb clear off. Now, if any of you know Matt you could understand how I responded with- "no way, you're joking right?" Matt said he wasn't and I still said, "You are not being serious are you?" And Matt once again said yes, I am serious. So, I told him I would be there as soon as I could, and left for Reno- an hour away. Now, I have to be honest- I still had my doubts that Matt was being completely serious, but once I got into my car and listened to my voicemail- hearing a message from Matt's mom, Roxann who had already heard about Matt from his brother- I realized that my husband had truly cut his thumb clear off. After I got to the emergency room I learned that they would not be able to re-attatch it, and Matt would be without part of his thumb for the rest of his life. He had cut it with a circular saw at work, just below his thumbnail. So, yes, a bit gruesome, but this was our experience this week that we thought would never happen to us in a million years!


Comments
-Ashley