boy oh boy
I have a third grader.
It's hard for me to believe,
and lately it seems really hard for me to accept
that he is just going to keep growing.
It was very naive of me,
but for some reason when we started having babies, I really didn't think a whole lot about the fact that they would grow.
Of course, somewhere in my brain I understood that fact,
but I kept it in the background, and ignored it, and now here we are-
it's staring me in the face every single day
in the form of this handsome incredible third grader…
he is growing.
And he is going to keep on growing.
And now, instead of wishing he would just stay little,
I am trying to embrace that he is growing,
and I am hoping that I can really be present,
be part of it,
and continue to be part of it
all the way through.
Not that I am planning on going anywhere,
just sometimes my focus on the future, and tasks to complete,
keep me from living in the moment and experiencing all there is to experience.
I've been putting forth a little more effort to know this boy.
Asking questions, listening to all he has to say.
I'm afraid that if I don't make that constant effort,
I just might miss some great things.
He is quite the talker too-
if I stop to listen, he tells me all sorts of great things:)
He is also a fantastic big brother.
He carries around his little Coco bean sister,
and the other day he even dressed her warm,
and took her outside to play with himself and his friends.
I count myself blessed to have and know this incredible boy.




Comments