at home

With our Z man at school all day, these two and I keep busy with fun and interesting things to do.
Many days we are off running about from one thing to the next,
but some days
and they seem to be our favorite days
we get to spend time just hanging out at home.
When I pulled out the camera today, these two had plenty of ideas of great moments worth capturing:)



***
This is my last year to have my little Lu home and all to myself.
For that reason, I decided to keep her all to myself.
She and I haven't always seen eye to eye...
in fact,
a lot of the time we have very different views on the way things should be going,
and at times it has put a strain on our relationship.

So I decided that I wanted to keep her around more and do pre-schoolish type stuff with her
to prepare her for kindergarten.
I haven't been that great at it, and after our last semester of chaos and madness,
we had to re-commit and find ourselves some direction.

I feel like it's been good for us though.
I feel like I understand and appreciate her more,
and I do really enjoy helping her learn things, and see her progress.




Lu is taking dance and a few other things, and when her friends told us about a cheer camp they were doing,
we decided it sounded pretty fun,
so we signed her up for a day with the Aggie cheerleaders,
and a halftime dance performance on the floor of the Aggie basketball game!

I wondered if she would be nervous doing all of that,
but she loved it!
I don't think we'll do much more of the cheerleading though,
there were a few more hip shaking and shimmying
moves for the slightly older girls than I am comfortable with:)

and as for this little man,
he earned himself this yoshi.
Last July he had to go in for some restorative work on his two front teeth.
They were both weak,
and had both chipped nearly in half.
After trying to fill the gaps in with fillings, and them chipping off a few months later
the dentist decided that full caps would be the best option.
that,
however,
was a traumatic experience for both Gibbs and myself.

Since his last dentist experience was such a stressful one
I was a bit nervous as to how he would react to having his teeth cleaned,
x-rayed, and checked
to make sure they are developing well now
and not disintegrating still.
so I used bribery.
and boy did it work.
Gibbs was so calm and relaxed the entire time his teeth were brushed,
rinsed, painted with floride,
x-rayed,
and then checked again by the dentist.
i couldn't believe it.
they couldn't believe it.
and so he got his very well deserved prize!

I am also happy to note that his teeth are doing super well!
No more crumbling teeth- and that's a relief!

Comments

Hayley said…
oh teeth problems. boo!

glad to hear about you and Lu. Sounds like my relationship with GM. Sometimes it is so hard.

We are excited to see Matt this week. Thanks for sharing him with us. :)
Hanna said…
I too am not a big fan of the teeth issues. It IS traumatic and hard to see your kid hurting. Glad that he is okay now and you are too :)

Congratulations on baby #4!

Popular Posts