Easter Chickies
Our Easter weekend was lovely.
Easter dresses were a tradition in my home growing up- beautiful new dresses made by my mom. She is a fantastic seamstress.
I am not much of a seamstress myself though,
I am rather impatient, and I rarely think far enough ahead to be prepared for such an endeavor. So this year I purchased a dress for Lu and I was going to leave it at that, but then I began to feel guilty about the boys not having a crisp new something to wear.
That's when I decided to put my (weak) seamstress skills to work... I pulled out my lovely sewing machine, grabbed some fabric I had purchased for another project, looked up this adorable pattern, and went to work...
The results were some pretty handsome little ties that I can hardly stand, they are so cute! There is something about dressing little boys up to look like little men- CUTE. end of story.
Easter dresses were a tradition in my home growing up- beautiful new dresses made by my mom. She is a fantastic seamstress.
I am not much of a seamstress myself though,
I am rather impatient, and I rarely think far enough ahead to be prepared for such an endeavor. So this year I purchased a dress for Lu and I was going to leave it at that, but then I began to feel guilty about the boys not having a crisp new something to wear.
That's when I decided to put my (weak) seamstress skills to work... I pulled out my lovely sewing machine, grabbed some fabric I had purchased for another project, looked up this adorable pattern, and went to work...
The results were some pretty handsome little ties that I can hardly stand, they are so cute! There is something about dressing little boys up to look like little men- CUTE. end of story.
Aside from our dressing up in springtime attire, we enjoyed some egg hunting festivities, and Matt even won a hard boiled egg carrying contest.












Comments
the ties look great!