Loop
For a couple of years now we've had certain plans for M to go back to school to prepare to become a college professor.
But about a month ago a different idea filled our minds, and we went about getting him ready and certified to teach high school. Although it would mean a lesser pay scale, it also meant staying in our home, near family and continuing on pretty much as we have been for the past year. I was really liking the sound of things- no moving just after having a baby, no student housing apartments, keeping my home I've been growing attached to- yeah, I was really liking the idea!
Then, we were thrown for a loop. This man:

was sent an acceptance letter and offer to the graduate school he applied for -that we were not only a bit surprised about, but we really couldn't pass up.
So we are back to plan "A" and all that entails!
I will admit I spent a few days in shock over it all, as well as a little disbelief and overwhelm, ok and I'll also admit- stress! But I am happy to say I have moved on to a state of excitement for this new adventure and what it will offer my family. And I am so incredibly proud of this man of mine- his accomplishments, his hard work in providing for us, the man he is! I am sad to leave our home and family (possibly just for now though, if we are able to get back here!) But, I can't deny the blessing this is, and the help we have received and can continue to receive from the Lord.
But about a month ago a different idea filled our minds, and we went about getting him ready and certified to teach high school. Although it would mean a lesser pay scale, it also meant staying in our home, near family and continuing on pretty much as we have been for the past year. I was really liking the sound of things- no moving just after having a baby, no student housing apartments, keeping my home I've been growing attached to- yeah, I was really liking the idea!
Then, we were thrown for a loop. This man:

was sent an acceptance letter and offer to the graduate school he applied for -that we were not only a bit surprised about, but we really couldn't pass up.
So we are back to plan "A" and all that entails!
I will admit I spent a few days in shock over it all, as well as a little disbelief and overwhelm, ok and I'll also admit- stress! But I am happy to say I have moved on to a state of excitement for this new adventure and what it will offer my family. And I am so incredibly proud of this man of mine- his accomplishments, his hard work in providing for us, the man he is! I am sad to leave our home and family (possibly just for now though, if we are able to get back here!) But, I can't deny the blessing this is, and the help we have received and can continue to receive from the Lord.


Comments