Christmas Traditions

I'm not that great at making and keeping traditions, I'm working on it though because I think they are fun! One tradition I've had for as long as I can remember though is either watching or performing in
The Nutcracker! Christmas is not quite the same without it. So, again this year- I am performing in my parents Nutcracker production.

I just thought I would share this, and ask that anyone in town- please come and see it! The ballet makes for a fun Christmas Tradition.

I know that many husbands and sons aren't usually that interested in a ballet- but this year they are in for a treat! My very own husband will be in it as Drosselmyer- the crazy uncle who gives the Nutcracker doll to Clara.

I myself have a couple of parts, including one number that I have put my pointe shoes back on for- I don't know if it will be impressive or comical!

So, if you are around, try this Christmas Tradition on for size! And let me know what your traditions are- I'd love to start a few for my family and would love some ideas!

*forgot to mention- the Nutcracker performance is going to be Friday and Saturday, December 12th and 13th. Friday there is one evening show starting at 7:00pm, and Saturday we will have a matinee show @ 1:00pm, and an evening @ 7:00pm. The show is at the High School Auditorium!

Comments

Alyssa said…
I share the same tradition. I make a point to see the Nutcracker each year. I had wanted to perform in it with our local studio this year...but decided it wasn't a good idea at 8 months pregnant. :) Maybe next year.

We don't have many Christmas traditions - we're still in the mode of trying to decide what will be a tradition. But yeah, I'd love to see what others have as traditions. It's always great to get ideas!
Hayley said…
I didn't know Matt was performing. When is the production? I doubt you are doing it as late as I will be in town, but I'd love to see it.
CCmomma said…
you will do great! Love ya!
Karen said…
Can't wait to see you dance on Friday! I'm sure that it will be wonderful! Good luck...I mean break a leg.
The Lewis Trio said…
I have been watching the Nutcracker on TV. There is a channel on TV (can't remember off the top of my head) that is doing a battle of the Nutcrackers... Basically showing 4 different choreographer's versions. It's super neat!!

I try to watch the nutcracker every year (on tv, or the live performance)!

Good Luck though, i'm sure you'll be stunning!
Spring said…
Wish we could come see your Nutcracker! I'm sure Brynn would love to see it with all her cousins. I'm sure it will be wonderful, as it always is!

Popular Posts