Forest School.
Our little family is trying out a little adventure.
I've thought about homeschooling each year, but in the past it hasn't felt quite right for one reason or another. With our move to a new city, and new school I didn't even consider it- thinking that getting to know our neighbors and peers would be easier if we were all involved in things, and truthfully it was easier, and things were pretty good our first year here.
A couple of months before school ended though, my 6th grader asked if he could be homeschooled next year. So, that began our thinking, talking, dreaming, searching and figuring out just if this was something for us- something we felt would add quality to our lives, and an experience we wanted to have.
I would be lying if I said I'm not nervous, a little apprehensive and slightly overwhelmed at the whole idea. BUT, I cannot deny the peace, excitement and passion I am feeling in exploring this option!
We've decided to take this summer as an experiment time and see if we can do what it takes to make this work- and we're off to a decent start. I enrolled my pre-schooler in a Forest Pre-School, and three times a week we all head there. The older kids and I explore, play, learn, draw and really try to see the outdoors and learn what we can from it. I've absolutely LOVED this time together, and am loving the things we are learning and doing together.
We have plans for all our subjects, and have been reading a great deal together, writing some about it, and discussing all sorts of topics.
I feel like it's all coming together, and the potential I see in what we are creating is heavenly!! I just really hope we can pull it off:)
I've thought about homeschooling each year, but in the past it hasn't felt quite right for one reason or another. With our move to a new city, and new school I didn't even consider it- thinking that getting to know our neighbors and peers would be easier if we were all involved in things, and truthfully it was easier, and things were pretty good our first year here.
A couple of months before school ended though, my 6th grader asked if he could be homeschooled next year. So, that began our thinking, talking, dreaming, searching and figuring out just if this was something for us- something we felt would add quality to our lives, and an experience we wanted to have.
I would be lying if I said I'm not nervous, a little apprehensive and slightly overwhelmed at the whole idea. BUT, I cannot deny the peace, excitement and passion I am feeling in exploring this option!
We've decided to take this summer as an experiment time and see if we can do what it takes to make this work- and we're off to a decent start. I enrolled my pre-schooler in a Forest Pre-School, and three times a week we all head there. The older kids and I explore, play, learn, draw and really try to see the outdoors and learn what we can from it. I've absolutely LOVED this time together, and am loving the things we are learning and doing together.
We have plans for all our subjects, and have been reading a great deal together, writing some about it, and discussing all sorts of topics.
I feel like it's all coming together, and the potential I see in what we are creating is heavenly!! I just really hope we can pull it off:)


Comments