Little Eliza Jay



This incredible girl is turning 8 soon!
She helped me design an announcement for her baptism,
and then wanted to send it to everyone
the 'old fashioned' way:)
in the mail,
so she sat down and wrote the names of everyone she was sending an invitation to.

She is a planner.
She loves to help people, plan events,
create dance performances,
sing songs, and invite people over to play school
and have tea parties.

Yaya, (as our Coco bug calls her) is an incredible big sister.
She helps, cares for and is a good friend to her siblings.
She looks out for younger kids,
and is amazing with babies:)

She is so excited to be turning 8,
and can't wait to be baptized.
Her tender heart, and passionate soul yearn to serve,
show love for, and do all she can to lift up others.
She loves to learn about Jesus Christ, and strives to follow his beautiful example.

I feel incredibly blessed to be this sweet girl's mother.
She teaches me every single day.
At times our ideas clash, and our (similarly) vivacious spirits get after one another,
but I am learning to slow down, calm myself (as it seems to calm her too)
and just listen.
She hungers for sweetness, so I've tried to be more sweet.
She longs for loving snuggles, so I've tried to cuddle her more.
I'm learning and growing, 
and look forward to all that I get the blessing of learning for years to come.

Comments

Hayley said…
I love that sweet girl!!!
Steph said…
this picture is beautiful!

Popular Posts