the leaves we eat
Gibbs and I hang out a great deal these days,
with Coco of course,
while the older two are at school.
He is kind of a cooky kid,
with quirky ideas,
and a love for joking around.
He tests me though.
From blatantly ignoring my requests,
to having a very particular way he wants things and not budging on that idea,
he and I can really butt heads from time to time.
So, I've decided recently to really try to learn from and live up to these tests.
I've been working on my patience,
my communication
and my listening skills.
Really and truly, it is paying off.
I have this dream of the kind of mother I wish to be,
actively engaged in my children's lives,
going on adventures with them,
creating and experimenting with things as we learn about this world we live in.
I dream of finding ways to serve others and involve my kids
so that they develop compassion and charity for others.
I dream of seeing the incredible people they can become,
and see their amazing Spirits grow and blossom
with strong solid testimonies of their God,
and their Savior, Jesus Christ.
I dream of them being pillars of light and truth as they cling to
the purity of the Gospel,
and reach out to others with love,
seeing all people as children of God.
I dream of these things,
and sometimes feel overwhelmed at how far I am from what I dream to be
as I slip up here and there,
making the same mistakes over and over.
But I must admit,
that as I have tried a little harder,
prayed a little more intently,
studied my Savior a little more in depth,
I have,
little by little,
become more and more of what I want to be.
And Gibbs and I have really had some great times
as I have slowed down and listened to him.
Not only do I feel myself improving,
but I really love that sweet and pure joy of getting to know all of my lovelies, and this little man.
His quirks and jokes are endearing,
And I am reveling in this time I have with him.
When I asked him what he wanted for lunch he told me,
"a sandwich with the leaves we eat"
so we made matching sandwiches,
and sat down to eat them together.
I think I could nearly eat him!









Comments