getting bigger every day
This beautiful little Lu gets more grown up and more incredible every day!
She is such a wonderfully thoughtful
and sweet soul.
Yesterday I was going to a bridal shower,
and Lu, being the gift giver she is, wanted to write a note for the bride.
I said no at first, as she was in the middle of finishing a project I asked her to do,
and I was in a hurry.
But once she was done, and I was still around, she asked again if she could write the note.
I- playing the roll of "stick to your guns" mom, said no again.
She then questioned my answer, and I reiterated that I had said no- and please do not ask again when I've given my answer...
then I thought, why is that still my answer? and frustratedly gave in.
Lu, not wanting to disappoint me, said tearfully,
"You didn't want me to write it, so I won't write it.
Just wish her a happy birthday for me."
When I explained it wasn't a birthday party, she said,
"well just tell them I hope they have a good time doing whatever it is they are doing!"
I couldn't help but beam inside at the determination and kindness this girl radiates.
I let her know that she is very welcome to write her note, and I am so glad I did.
At the shower I got to read it:
"I hope you have a good wedeg. Love Kiersten's doter Eliza."
Yesterday Lu also decided that she is old enough,
and brave enough to get her ears pierced.
So, before her afternoon Kindergarten,
we headed to Claire's,
she picked out some sweet daisy earrings
and the girl bravely got her ears pierced!
So, before her afternoon Kindergarten,
we headed to Claire's,
she picked out some sweet daisy earrings
and the girl bravely got her ears pierced!






Comments
she looks big and brave and beautiful!!!