Cereal Man Gibbs

This guy is crazy about cereal.

Last night I had to make a quick trip to the grocery store,
Gibbs was laying with Matt on the couch to fall asleep-
(our latest strategy to get Gibbs to sleep- he can be a challenge to get to bed- something about his busy little brain not letting him fall asleep... the strategy is working beautifully so far)
I asked Matt if he could think of anything else I needed to pick up
and after a few moments Gibbs turned to me and said
"we need cereal mom."

It was true.
I had forgotten cereal earlier this week,
and while I have been making eggs, toast, oatmeal- other perfectly great breakfast choices
Gibbs has been longing for his cereal.

So I picked up cereal among my other items,
and this morning set it out with our chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream and bananas-
our Valentine's Day treat breakfast:)
Of course, Gibbs picked the cereal.
He was thrilled to have cereal!
In fact, in his prayer to bless the food he even thanked his Heavenly Father
for this "great" food.

As I sat at the table with him
I asked Gibbs if he was happy to have his cereal,
and with a mouth full of food
he grinned, nodded and winked at me.
What a guy!!





Comments

Hayley said…
you are a terrrific mom kierst. love you and that little cereal man!
Janalee said…
I love that he winked at you, haha.
He has always been such a character!

On another note, Have you tried melatonin? I know you don't like drugging your kids, Neither do I, thats why if my kids are REALLY struggling, I give them this. Its an herb, It tends to help relax them and their mind. Worth a try! We all need our sleep!:)
Anonymous said…
Why do our boys always need haircuts?

Popular Posts