13 on my 31st


I've never been much of a runner.
But after having my third baby, I decided I needed to pick up a convenient exercise- so I became a runner...
or at least I started running.

Last year Matt and I did a sprint triathlon on our baby's first birthday!
It was a fantastic way to work out- and the goal kept me motivated and interested in the work out.

I decided that a race to work for was a must if I wanted to keep pushing myself
and began looking for other race options.
I felt that a full marathon might just be insane,
but
I thought that I may just be able to handle a half marathon.

So I set the goal, and worked for it
got injured
started working again,
missed my chance to sign up for Top of Utah,
kept working
and then found a half marathon near enough, at a date I could handle, and on my birthday!
Not only that, but I found a handful of incredible ladies to do the race with!

So this last weekend I went to Park City with my sister, sister-in-law, and cousin sister-in-laws (or something like that) and we raced in the cold and the rain and nearly snow!

13.1 miles on my 31st birthday!
It was incredible to reach that goal- and delightful to do it with so many wonderful ladies I do so admire!





Comments

Marie said…
That's fantastic! What a fun thing to do for your birthday. :D
Steph said…
You go Kiersten! Awesome.
Damaris said…
Congrats on doing the race, and happy birthday!
Unknown said…
congrats! i was going to ask how it went. nice work!

Popular Posts