so so quick
We made a quick trip home, and then on to Sacramento this past weekend to see my brother and his sweet wife get sealed in the Temple!
Now, I remember making quick trips all the time in the past- when I was younger a trip here and there to attend a family event, when Matt and I were engaged (living in different states) we made quick weekend trips all the time to see each other. My parents have come up to see myself and siblings perform a great many times, even I have made a trip or a few to see siblings perform. In fact, I think we are more of a quick weekend trip type of family than a long vacation type- so I am well acquainted with the "quick trip".
But I will tell you- this one was kind of tough. Matt was loaded with his school work, so he was unable to accompany me. Instead my sister went with me- and believe me she saved me! It was my sister and I with three little ones. Need I say more?
We had multiple stops to empty tiny bladders, we were crawling back and forth in the minivan to attend to the needs of the three- drinks, snacks, movie changes, diaper changes, more snacks, more drinks, spills and so forth.
I think I've come to the conclusion that the "quick trip" is a little better suited for slightly older passengers.
All in all though, I am so glad to have been able to be there for the joyous event! And grateful I was able to spend a few precious hours with some of my favorite people!
Now, I remember making quick trips all the time in the past- when I was younger a trip here and there to attend a family event, when Matt and I were engaged (living in different states) we made quick weekend trips all the time to see each other. My parents have come up to see myself and siblings perform a great many times, even I have made a trip or a few to see siblings perform. In fact, I think we are more of a quick weekend trip type of family than a long vacation type- so I am well acquainted with the "quick trip".
But I will tell you- this one was kind of tough. Matt was loaded with his school work, so he was unable to accompany me. Instead my sister went with me- and believe me she saved me! It was my sister and I with three little ones. Need I say more?
We had multiple stops to empty tiny bladders, we were crawling back and forth in the minivan to attend to the needs of the three- drinks, snacks, movie changes, diaper changes, more snacks, more drinks, spills and so forth.
I think I've come to the conclusion that the "quick trip" is a little better suited for slightly older passengers.
All in all though, I am so glad to have been able to be there for the joyous event! And grateful I was able to spend a few precious hours with some of my favorite people!







Comments