It does a mama's heart good...



This morning I had one of my usual- get sidetracked with the computer moments, and after a while realized that Ezra had been quiet for some time. So, I decided to check things out and see what he was up to. I found his door closed, and knocked calling to him and asking what he was doing, and the sweet reply I heard was- " I am just reading my scriptures!" Sure enough, I opened his door to find him sitting on his bed, with scriptures open on his lap, and a wide grin across his face!

I also must share that Monday and Tuesday Ezra dressed himself up in a button up shirt, slacks and tie and told me that he was ready to be a missionary. He posed himself and Eliza and asked me to "take a picture mom!"

Yes, it's moments like these that I think, "well, I must be doing something ok!"

Comments

Alisha said…
your blog just got voted best post of the week by me. i love that story. you ARE a wonderful mother, and you just have to look at your mother and hers etc. what a great legacy!
very cool about kelsey. please tell her hello for me and i'll be praying for her.
Hayley said…
i second that vote.
CCmomma said…
That is awesome. Little missionary boy! I hope my kids read their scriptures when they are being eerily quiet!
eric and monica said…
your new place looks great... looks like a lot of hard work! good thing you've got ezra to keep you grounded.

Popular Posts